Sunday, March 27, 2011

India travel

India challenges you in every possible way and delights you in ways that are unexpected. Some people love it and some hate it. I love India! Its diversity of people, the aromas (and smells), the color and vibrancy, the ancient historical buildings, the Himalaya, the desert, the hills and vast waterways and the sheer energy are a delight. People are so humorous  there that I think that I've had more laughs there than anywhere else in the world so far....

Have you ever been to India? I've been there several times over the years. Each experience has been different. It's a place that teems with every strata of humanity: from those who eke out a day to day existence and may live under a piece of plastic to the obscenely and conspicuously wealthy. It's a place where you can come face to face with yourself too. That can be shocking sometime.

 I went to India at the beginning of my journey to a simple life. To seek support from a spiritual man who is a great teacher.

It was an interesting month in 2008 and one that I will always remember for a number of reasons....



2 comments:

  1. You will be amazed and probably overwhelmed until you get into the groove of India but you will never forget it!

    ReplyDelete