Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life's Questions

Let me ask you something...

What does friendship mean to you?

What about love, truth, enemies, trust, work?

These are some of the things I explore in my book. It's interesting when you try to really define what these thing we talk about all the time are for us. Just try one and you'll see.

Take truth for instance. Now there's a tricky one because at first glance it seems so straightforward. But is it? Mmmmm. What if there was a situation where if you told the truth you may harm someone?

And friendship. Friends have helped me so much and been there when I've needed them in Bali. Like these two. New friends I made in Bali who really support me. There's a lot of trust between us too. But I had to examine trust to know what I really meant by it.

2 comments:

  1. to me friendship means ... honesty ... support ... FUN! .. wanting what's best for that person, and helping them reach that But, for me, it's mostly about a genuine connection from a loving heart, then everything else is a spin off from that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loving heart is what the Dalai Lama always talks about developing. It's the key to everything!
    Fun yes essential to me too. Life is too short to be too serious.
    Helping each other is such a mutual nurturing experience that no one can lose!

    ReplyDelete