Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spirituality and Philosophy

Seeking a simple a way to imbue my life with spirituality on a daily basis, and a simple philosophy to abide by every day has been a trip in itself.

I wanted something to give me tools for living: practical implements of the mind. In Australia in Sydney or Byron Bay NSW, Chenrezig Buddhist Intstitute QLD, New Zealand, or in India, Thailand, Nepal, Laos, Cambodia and other places I have sought these tools to simplify my life.

Examining my life and simplifying it was a journey that involved many facets of the enquiry process in many parts of the world. Everyone has their own path to follow.....

Have you ever been through a process like that? There is so much on offer out there that it's difficult to sort it all out isn't it? Some of the most useful philosophical and spiritual teachings get entangled with cultural and traditional trappings that have nothing to do with the essence.

But what I found out during the process was that wise people and different philosophies can be accessed so that we get something that boils down to is a simple daily living plan. It took me a while to get to that. I went through some pretty complex studies and processes but it was worth the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment